The Special Collections Museum is open for students and staff of the University. We’ve made some changes to ensure that everyone is safe during their visit so if you’ve been to Special Collections before you will notice a few differences. We will continue to support you and provide you with access to our collections and archives in person or online.
We are open Monday-Friday from 10:00am-4:00pm.
Contact us by email if you would like to make a booking or if you have an enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect
- To keep everyone safe and comply with social distancing we’re changing the way the Reading Room is used and asking you not to browse the bookshelves.Please contact us so that we can retrieve items from the shelf for you.
- You can search our Artists’ Books, Children’s Books and Book Design Collections on the Library’s online catalogue. You can browse a selection of archives and other collections on the Museum’s online catalogue. We’re working hard to increase the amount of material that is available digitally.
- To consult any of the items in the Special Collections Museum please contact us.
- Perspex screen on the Reading Room’s help desk
- Hand sanitiser and wipes available
- Study spaces will be cleaned between appointments by Library staff
- As is standard practice in museums and archives, we’ll ask you to wear disposable, non-allergenic gloves during your visit
- All materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before being re-shelved.