Please respect your study environment
- Treat others with dignity,
courtesy and respect.
- Always carry your University ID card as you need it to access the Library and its resources. Don't lend it
- Keep your belongings with you at
all times. You are responsible for keeping them safe.
- Choose the appropriate zone for your studies. If you wish to work together, use
one of the Group Study zones. You will be asked to move or leave if
your behaviour disturbs others.
- You may bring cold food and lidded
drinks into the Library (except Special Collections) but not hot food. Please
dispose of your litter responsibly.
- Use the outdoor shelters if you
wish to smoke or vape. You are not allowed to charge e-cigarettes on
Using Library resources
Using IT Resources
Keep yourself and others
- Keep aisles, stairs and fire exits
clear at all times.
- Avoid causing trip hazards with
trailing wires or bags.
- Don't move the library furniture.
The layouts allow for easy access to the bookshelves and are wheelchair
- If the fire alarm sounds, please
leave the Library immediately by the nearest fire exit. Do not use the lifts.
- There are 'fire refuge' areas on
every floor for people with mobility difficulties.
If you break any of these
rules, action may be taken against you under the Student Code of Conduct.
You can find full details of current Policies, Regulations and Procedures for Students and other regulations on the Student
Remember Library staff are here
to help if you have any concerns.