These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop Endnote/Endnote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
Run a search
For Endnote Online
- Select the records you want to export and click Save to EndNote Online.
- A box will appear and you will need to enter your EndNote online account details, then click Sign In.
- Then click Send. You will receive confirmation the records have been transferred. An EndNote symbol will appear next to any record you have transferred.
For EndNote Desktop
- From the drop down menu select Save to EndNote Desktop. A box will appear, click on Send
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- Select EndNote and your records should appear in your desktop library.
- If you do not get the option to download. Use the steps above and when asked if you wish to save or open this file, select Save.
- Save it to a place where you can easily retrieve it later and click Save.
- Open your EndNote library, select File, then Import, and File.
- Next to Import File click Choose and locate the file, which you have just saved and click Open.
- Next click on the drop down menu next to Import Option and choose Reference Manager RIS.
- Click Import
- Your references will appear in EndNote.