These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
Please note it is only possible to download one record at a time.
- Run a search and click on the title of the record that you want to export.
- Click on the drop down arrow next to Citation on the right hand side of the screen and select EndNote.
- Click Go.
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- A box will open select either EndNote or EndNote Online. If you have selected EndNote Online, you may be asked to confirm your EndNote Online account details. Enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method.