These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
- Run your search and mark the references you want to transfer to Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online.
- Items will be added to a temporary folder
- When you are ready to transfer click the folder icon located at the top of the screen.
- Select Save
- Choose RIS (works with EndNote, Citavi, etc.)
- A box will open in the middle of your page. It should have output to: RIS (works with EndNote, Citavi. etc.) selected. Click Continue.
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- A box will open, select either EndNote or EndNote Online. If you have selected EndNote Online, you may be asked to confirm your EndNote Online account details. Enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method importing references below.