These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
- First you will need to set up an account to be able to save bookmarks. Choose MyHein, located towards the top of the screen
- Then choose Create an Account. If you already have an account then you need to Log in
Please note only references from journals can be exported.
- You need to select from All Databases menu – Law Journal Library
- Run your search
- Select the record/s to be saved, by checking the box next to the record number
- Click Save/Email
- A blue box will appear, you can choose to tag your references, if you require
- Click Enter Into Research
- On the screen you will get a green box, which confirms the results have been added to your bookmarks
- To transfer to EndNote, click My Hein
- Choose Saved Bookmarks
- Tick the box next to the records you want to transfer.
- Then from the drop down menu next to Options – choose RIS file (Journal Articles)
- Then click Submit
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- A box will open select either EndNote or EndNote Online. If you have selected EndNote Online, you may be asked to confirm your EndNote Online account details. Enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method importing references below.