These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
- Run a search and from the list of results, click the Save button to store your reference.
- When you are ready to transfer to Endnote, you need to access your references. Click More, located to the right of the search box and indicated by a symbol for three horizontal lines.
- Click My Folder
- Next, choose Citation Tools.
- On the next screen, select EndNote from the drop down menu under Export To, located at the bottom of the box. Then click Export.
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- A box will open select either EndNote or EndNote Online. If you have selected EndNote Online, you may be asked to confirm your EndNote Online account details. Enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method importing references below.