These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
- Run a search of e-space.
- NB It is not possible to select individual records from the list. You can only export the total number of results found. If you want to refine your search, select refine results and the advanced search option.
- From the drop down menu next to Export, select EndNote.
- Then click Export.
- A new screen will appear, you now need to save these references as a text file. Either click File and Save As or use Control+S to access the Save function. Make sure to give the results file an appropriate name and ensure the Save as file type is set to a text file.
- Login to EndNote Online, select the Collect tab and click on Import References.
- In the File field, click on Browse and locate the file, which you have just saved.
- Use the drop-down menu in the Import Option field to locate and select EndNote Import.
- Either select the specific group you want to import the files to and then click Import or simply click on Import and the records will be transferred automatically into the ‘Unfiled’ group.
- Open your EndNote Library, select File, then Import, and File.
- Next to Import File click Choose and locate the file, which you have just saved and click Open.
- Next click on the drop down menu next to Import Option and choose EndNote Import.
- Click Import
- Your references will appear in EndNote.