These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop Endnote/Endnote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
- Run a search and click on the Folder icon to save relevant records to My Folder
- When you are ready to transfer, select Folder view. This is located on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click to select all records or specific ones
- Choose Export
- Choose Direct Export in RIS Format (eg CITAVI, EasyBib, Endnote, Procite, Reference Manager, Zotero)
- Click Save
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- A box will open, select either Endnote or Endnote Online. If you have selected Endnote Online, you may be asked to confirm your Endnote Online account details. Simply enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method for importing references below.