These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop EndNote/EndNote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the Library.
- Run a search and select the results that you wish to transfer.
- Click on Export selected.
- A box will appear. Under Export Type select either PC or Mac. Under File Type select Citation and Abstract, then click Export citations.
- Open up the text file and select Save As.
- Save it to a place where you can easily locate it and click Save.
- Login to EndNote Online, select the Collect tab and click on Import References.
- In the File field, click on Browse and locate the file, which you have just saved.
- Use the drop-down menu in the Import Option field to locate and select the Cochrane Library (Wiley) import filter.
- Either select the specific group you want to import the files to and then click Import or click on Import and the records will be transferred automatically into the ‘Unfiled’ group.
- Open your EndNote Library, select File, then Import, and File.
- Next to Import File click Choose and locate the file, which you have just saved and click Open.
- Next click on the drop down menu next to Import Option and choose Cochrane Library (Wiley).
- Click Import
- Your references will appear in EndNote.