If you notice anything in e-space that breaches copyright or ethical guidelines please follow the take down procedure:
Take down procedure
What Manchester Metropolitan University will do if content in e-space contravenes UK legislation or ethical guidelines
Manchester Metropolitan University (the University) has sought to ensure that content made available via e-space, the institutional repository, is legal and does not infringe UK copyright law, contain sensitive personal data or include other material inappropriate for open access publication.
If you are concerned about breach of copyright or there is material within e-space that should not be there, please notify the University by email email@example.com .
Please include the following information
- Your name and contact details.
- Full details of the work in which the infringement is found, including the URL.
- The nature of the alleged infringement, including proof that you are the rights holder or representative if the issue concerns copyright or intellectual property.
- The grounds for your complaint, including, but not limited to, breaches of copyright, obscenity, data protection, commercial sensitivity etc.
Upon receipt of notification, the ‘Take down’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
- The University will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will assess the complaint.
- If the complaint is valid, the material will be temporarily removed from e-space pending an agreed solution.
- The University will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if appropriate. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint and encouraged to address the issue.
- The University will urge both parties to reach a swift and amicable solution, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on e-space unchanged
- The material is replaced on e-space with changes
- The material is permanently removed from the website
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a resolution, the material will remain unavailable through e-space until the matter is resolved or it is removed permanently if this is not possible.
Last edited: MMU Library Services, Nov 2018