- Use the link above to login to Digimap with your Manchester Metropolitan University ID and password
- Digimap will prompt you to register. Required fields indicated with red asterisk. Submit form.
- Be sure to include the correct details for your email account* as Edina will send an email to this address to inform you when your access has been activated. If you supply an incorrect email address, the message will bounce and the registration process will be delayed until your correct email address is supplied.
- EDINA (suppliers of Digimap) will send a verification email to the email address you entered in the Enter Details screen containing a link to activate your account. The link will remain valid for seven days. If you do not receive the email, check your spam folder. If you delete the email by mistake, you can request it is resent by logging in to Digimap and clicking on the link in the popup that is displayed.
- Open the email and click on the Verify email address button to verify your email address; a confirmation message will be displayed in your default web browser.
Before registering to use Digimap, it is imperative that you understand the terms and conditions of use. These are available in the licence that Manchester Metropolitan University has signed and which you as a member of Manchester Metropolitan are required to accept.
After verifying your email address you will need to agree to the licences for each of the specific Digimap collections that you wish to use, this is done through the licence agreements page.
Agreeing to licences for Digimap Collections
- Log in to Digimap, the Licence Agreements screen should automatically popup. If the Licence Agreements screen does not automatically appear you can bring it up by clicking on the Licence Agreements button at the top of the page.
- Each collection has a separate licence agreement which can be viewed by expanding the box for each collection.
- You can accept the licence agreements for as many collections as you wish at this stage. The Licence Agreements page displays all the collections to which Manchester Metropolitan subscribes. Once you are happy with your choices press the Confirm Selections button to move to the next screen.
- A summary screen of your selections will be displayed. Press the Access more collections link if you wish to activate additional collections; select the Close window button if you do not wish to make any further changes.
- You are now ready to start using Digimap. Access to the selected collections is immediate unless you select other as your purpose for accessing a collection. If you selected other the EDINA helpdesk may contact you for further information to verify your intended purpose.
- Note: if the Licence Agreements button is not present on the Digimap homepage it means that you have already accepted all the licence agreements for Manchester Metropolitan subscribed collections.
* Note: the email address that you enter does not need to be your institutional address, Gmail, Hotmail etc. are acceptable. However this should be an address that you regularly use as the verification link will be sent to the email address that you enter here.