There are lots of ways for you to tell us what you think of our services and, where contact details are provided, a reply will be made within five working days. All the comments we receive are recorded, analysed and, wherever possible, used to improve our service. We publish summaries of these on the Library website.
- Feedback forms
- Please use this online feedback form to tell us what you think, or fill out a Tell us what you think! comments card and hand in to any member of library staff.
- In person
- You are welcome to come into the Library and talk to us about our services. Both of our libraries have a help desk where a member of staff will be happy to discuss your comments with you.
- Programme committees
- Each programme has a committee, with student representation, which meets each term. If you would like an issue relating to the Library to be raised at a programme committee, have a chat with your student representative who will ensure that the matter is discussed at the next meeting.
- Email, chat and phone
- Find help desk contacts on every page of our web site.
- Straw polls
- Every so often straw polls are used to gather feedback on your views on different aspects of the service.
- InfoSkills evaluation
- To complete an online evaluation for the InfoSkills session you've attended please fill in an InfoSkills Evaluation Questionnaire. This questionnaire should take less than 5 minutes to complete.
Something not right?
Library staff are committed to delivering an excellent level of customer service at all times and we hope you're pleased with the service you receive from us. If you think we have not done this for whatever reason, please let us know so that we can put things right. You can also find out what to do if you need to take it further.