Please respect your study environment
- Treat others with dignity, courtesy and respect.
- Always carry your University ID card as you need it to access the Library and its resources. Don't lend it to anyone.
- Keep your belongings with you at all times. You are responsible for keeping them safe.
- Choose the appropriate zone for your studies. You will be asked to move or leave if your behaviour disturbs others.
- You may bring cold food and lidded drinks into the Library (except Special Collections) but not hot food. Please dispose of your litter responsibly.
- Use the outdoor shelters if you wish to smoke or vape. You are not allowed to charge e-cigarettes on University premises.
Using Library resources
Using IT Resources
Keep yourself and others safe
- Keep aisles, stairs and fire exits clear at all times.
- Avoid causing trip hazards with trailing wires or bags.
- Don't move the library furniture. The layouts allow for social distancing and are wheelchair friendly.
Emergency evacuation procedures
- If the fire alarm sounds, please leave the Library immediately by the nearest fire exit. Do not use the lifts.
- There are 'fire refuge' areas on every floor for people with mobility difficulties.
If you break any of these rules, action may be taken against you under the Student Code of Conduct.
You can find full details of current Policies, Regulations and Procedures for Students and other regulations on the Student Hub.
Remember Library staff are here to help if you have any concerns.
Last reviewed: January 2021
Date of next review: August 2021