These EndNote instructions may differ depending on whether you are on- or off-campus and on the browser you are using. If the instructions do not work please refer to the EndNote guide.
You may search PubMed from within EndNote or EndNote Web and transfer records into your library. Please note that records downloaded from PubMed contain abbreviated journal titles and will require further editing once added to your EndNote/EndNote Web library.
For EndNote Web
- Click on the Collect tab.
- Select PubMed(NLM) from the drop-down menu in the Online Search page.
- Click Connect.
- A search interface for PubMed (NLM) will appear within EndNote Web. You can enter the search term(s) you require in the search boxes and use the Search Field and Connector drop-down boxes, as required.
- Next, click on the Search button and a list of your results will appear.
- To add a record to your EndNote Web library, check the tick box next to the reference(s) you require and use the Add to group... drop-down menu to select the group you want to import your reference(s) to.
- EndNote Web will add the reference(s) to the selected group and return to your list of PubMed (NLM) results.
Note: If you are running EndNote on your own computer, you will need to install the PubMed (NLM) connection file for EndNote. Manchester Met campus PCs already have this installed.
- Click on Tools in the menu bar and then on Online Search.
- In the Choose A Connection box that appears, select PubMed(NLM) from the list of connection files and click the Choose button.
- EndNote will connect to the database and a search interface for PubMed(NLM) will appear.
- Enter the search term(s) you require in the search boxes and use the Search Field and Connector drop-down boxes, as required *.
- Click the Search button.
- A dialog box will appear, detailing how many results have been found. You can limit the number of results you would like to retrieve using the Retrieve records from: and through boxes.
- Click the OK button and the specified number of references will be imported to your library. If you would like to remove any of these references, drag them to your Trash folder.
* For guidance on EndNote's Online Search function, please see EndNote's built in Help.