These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop Endnote/Endnote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
- Run a search
- Select the records you wish to export by clicking on Add to export list under each record.
- Click on Export citations, located towards the right of the screen.
- Select Endnote (RIS) from the list
- Click on Download
- An additional box may appear where you need to save the file by clicking Save
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OL (Firefox).
- A box will open select either Endnote or Endnote Online. If you have selected Endnote Online, you may be asked to confirm your Endnote Online account details. Simply enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method.