These instructions will take you through the basic steps of transferring references into Desktop Endnote/Endnote Online. If you have any problems transferring information then please contact the library.
NB The following instructions will work if you are using a browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox and have installed the Cite While You Write toolbar in Word.
- Run a search
- Select the records you wish to export by clicking on the tick boxes next to each search result.
- Select Export, located towards the right of the screen
- From the drop down menu under Format select RIS (Endnote)
- Under Destination, ensure that the radial button next to File is highlighted
- Click on Next
- A box will appear confirming the export is ready
- Click on Start Download
- An additional box may appear where you need to save the file by clicking Save
- Depending on your browser, either double click on the download file near the bottom of your page (Chrome), click Open (Internet Explorer), or select Open With, then OK (Firefox).
- A box will open select either Endnote or Endnote Online. If you have selected Endnote Online, you may be asked to confirm your Endnote Online account details. Simply enter and click OK.
- A confirmation message will appear confirming the transfer has been successful.
If this does not work, then it is still possible to transfer information, see alternative method.